Friday, February 9, 2024

Transitioning to portifolio project

 Hi blog!

I have some news today: We are officially starting our portfolio project!! I say "ours" because this project truly is as much yours as it is mine. Over the next eight weeks, I will take you guys along every single step of the Cambridge Portfolio Project. I'm honestly excited about this project. It seemed daunting at first, simply because it's such a huge project/grade, but I look forward to putting to use everything I've learned this year.

I'm pretty set on working with three other girls in my class; Zain, Nadia, and Vanessa. Even though we were advised to not work in groups of more than three, I'm confident with this group, and I believe we will all work well together. I could also make use of Zain's knowledge in film production/editing from CBTV, I know she's really passionate.

I'm thinking of doing something related to horror. It is by far my favorite genre so I feel like I have a better understanding of how to direct those films, simply because I've watched SO many. No joke. I've probably watched the entire Netflix catalog for horror films. I'm thinking of using specific lighting to establish a tone, probably blue or red lighting.

We will get together in our groups next week and start the actual brainstorming process. I'll keep you updated!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Film opening

 I am SO excited to present you with the final version of our film opening, Cycles. CLICK HERE  to watch our project. It was a good run, blog!