Friday, March 22, 2024

An ode to Soundstripe

 Hi guys!

I feel like I've been putting off this blog post ever since my last post, which was on Tuesday I think? And you guys deserve a proper apology. So, I'm sorry. The last couple of days have been hectic as I came to Brazil to visit my dad and that alone is a 12-hour trip, so honestly I've just been tired and putting this off for later. But I'm back now and I have really great news.

So, I was doing some digging on other websites for royalty-free music and sounds that aren't Pixabay and I found this website called "soundstripe" which I'm not sure was among the few websites Mrs. Stoklosa suggested we use to find the sounds and music we needed for the project, but I'll make sure to tell her about it so that she can recommend to her future classes because it was really really helpful.

Besides having thousands of audio that we can pick from, they give users the option to pick a list of sounds based on specific characteristics or genres that you can check off on their website. You can also find a sound by searching artists, specific instruments, and playlists. You can also layer multiple sounds within their website, which could be helpful in case my group and I need to do so. And of course, the best part, it's free

I found this one specific sound that I think could be perfect for when the title of the film comes on screen, especially since we are going for something super dramatic. On Canva, I created a document with the shot where the film title will be displayed, the one close-up from the protagonist's eyes, and then on top of that I added the title "Cycles." in the font my group and I agreed on, which I went over a couple blog posts ago, but for some reason, my computer isn't letting me upload any images onto Blogger, not even the screenshot I took of the soundstripe website. 

I'm going to try to figure out why I can't upload any images into my blog posts before my next one because I really want you guys to see what I'm picturing for the title screen. Maybe after I post this it will let me go back and edit it and add the pictures. Either way, I'll update you tomorrow or Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Film opening

 I am SO excited to present you with the final version of our film opening, Cycles. CLICK HERE  to watch our project. It was a good run, blog!