Monday, February 26, 2024

News, roles, and, outline

 Hey, blog!

So, today during AICE Media my group and I got together after a brief lecture on writing screenplays and we got straight to work. Well, some of us did... 

For our film opening, we need a shot of news broadcasting, and we're trying to create our own news ticker, which is the graphic at the bottom of the news broadcast that says the title of the news and the network. So me and Zain spent a good portion of the class working on creating our own Photoshop version of a news ticker, based on the ones we saw on CNN and Fox News. Here's what it looks like so far: 



We also split our roles between director, producer, writer, cinematographer, editor, and actors. Since I didn't want to be in front of the camera under any circumstance, things worked out in my favor because my two other group mates weren't really helping me and Zain, so I kind of just went up to them and asked them if they would be okay with playing the two characters we need and they said yes. Ultimately, we separated our roles this way: 



Since we sorted that out, it was time for me to get started on the outline for the opening. It is obviously not perfect yet and we will definitely change it up a lot as we go, but it's a pretty concrete start in my opinion. I'm not going to show you too much of it for now, but here is a little spoiler of it:                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film opening

 I am SO excited to present you with the final version of our film opening, Cycles. CLICK HERE  to watch our project. It was a good run, blog!