Saturday, February 17, 2024

Not-so-updated update



Hey everyone!

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm in Washington, D.C. to celebrate it, but nonetheless duty calls and here I am in the hotel room writing my last blog post for the week. I've been cracking my head all day trying to figure out what to talk about in this blog post because it feels like not much has happened since my last post.

However, I got to researching a specific topic one of my groupmates suggested under the pseudoscience category, Strauss-Howe generational theory, and I feel like we could make a good film opening based on that. According to the NIH, this theory states that "The Strauss-Howe generation theory describes a recurrent cycle of same-aged groups with specific behavior patterns that change every 20 years. According to this theory, an 80-year cycle is crucial, when every four generations is associated with a crisis that impacts the ongoing social order and creates a new one." Pretty cool, right?

So, I got to thinking... we could do a film opening where the protagonist, a young person, stumbles upon a book in their late grandparents' attic after their passing. Intrigued, they start reading about the cycles of generations and the recurring patterns in history. As they continue reading more into the book, slowly they start to find patterns and similarities between the past generational cycles and current events.

It sounded like a really good idea in my head, but now seeing it written down I'm just not sure it feels like a film opening. My group members wanted to meet up or do a Facetime call this weekend to figure all of it out, but since I am in D.C. I can't unless it's on Monday, which is when I come back. Either way, I proposed the idea for the film opening that I just described here, and they liked it, so maybe we'll go that route.

Either way, once I get back home we all agreed to Facetime and discuss everything. We want to start filming in about three weeks or so, but we still aren't sure about the storyline so maybe it'll take longer than that? I'll update you guys once we have Facetimed.

See ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film opening

 I am SO excited to present you with the final version of our film opening, Cycles. CLICK HERE  to watch our project. It was a good run, blog!